Browse through our open job positions below. Click to get more information/apply online.Subscribe to our Job Updates mailing list
Working With Us
VisionWorks Engineering is located in America’s finest city, San Diego, California. We help our high level clients solve a variety of exciting and diverse engineering problems in the fields of aerospace, turbomachinary, robotics, software and manufacturing.
Our relentless pursuit of perfection is integrated into everything we do, from our company vision, to every single interaction with our clients. Progress pushes us to continually advance ourselves and our processes. We strongly believe that great people make for a great company. We seek to hire driven and talented people, give them the tools to succeed, and then get out of the way. There is no room for micromanagement at VisionWorks - we use that space to provide our people with training opportunities, purpose, and overall professional and personal growth.
We need top notch freelance firmware engineers to help with a number of exciting projects. Project duration is typically 4 -12 weeks. Work can typically be done offsite. However, a certain amount of work will need to be done onsite with our other engineers and to work with hardware. We are looking for a broad range of embedded firmware skills and experience. Certain projects require specialized knowledge and skill sets.
- Develop embedded firmware on various microcontrollers/microprocessors
- Test/validate firmware against functional requirements
- Support the bring up of new PCBA designs by collaborating with the engineer(s) that designed the hardware
- Create Software Design Specifications from typical Functional Requirements Documents at the outset of a new project
- Use typical hardware and firmware testing tools and equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, multi-meters, wave form generators, logic analyzers, JTAG emulators, soldering irons, etc
We are looking for a sales lead generation specialist. The job will be split between generating sales leads for the sales team to follow up with and technical recruiting. As the technical recruiter, you will be responsible for finding mechanical, electrical, and software engineers for full-time and project based work. If you have technical sales and/or technical recruiting experience and like to move fast, we need you.
- Assist Sales Manager with lead generation efforts
- Keep in touch with potential clients utilizing sales lead database
- Recruit engineering talent for full-time positions and for project based work
- Maintain an extensive workforce database to reflect current status of potential technical candidates