We need top notch freelance firmware engineers to help with a number of exciting projects. Project duration is typically 4 -12 weeks. Work can typically be done offsite. However, a certain amount of work will need to be done onsite with our other engineers and to work with hardware. We are looking for a broad range of embedded firmware skills and experience. Certain projects require specialized knowledge and skill sets.
- Develop embedded firmware on various microcontrollers/microprocessors
- Test/validate firmware against functional requirements
- Support the bring up of new PCBA designs by collaborating with the engineer(s) that designed the hardware
- Create Software Design Specifications from typical Functional Requirements Documents at the outset of a new project
- Use typical hardware and firmware testing tools and equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, multi-meters, wave form generators, logic analyzers, JTAG emulators, soldering irons, etc
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer/software or electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience developing firmware in C
- Firm grasp on electronics, schematics, and electrical components
- Experience in software/hardware integration utilizing analog and digital test equipment
- Experience with various communication protocols including: CAN, I2C, RS485, RS232, SPI
- Experience with JavaME is helpful
- Experience with 3G/4G cellular modems, WiFi, ZigBee, and/or Bluetooth hardware/firmware is helpful
- Experience with Cypress PSoC family of chips and PSoC Creator IDE is helpful
- Experience with writing/reading to/from databases such as MySQL is helpful
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl or Python is helpful
- FPGA programming using VHDL or Verilog is helpful
VisionWorks Engineering is located in America’s finest city, San Diego, California. We help our high level clients solve a variety of exciting and diverse engineering problems in the fields of aerospace, turbomachinary, robotics, software and manufacturing.
Our relentless pursuit of perfection is integrated into everything we do, from our company vision, to every single interaction with our clients. Progress pushes us to continually advance ourselves and our processes. We strongly believe that great people make for a great company. We seek to hire driven and talented people, give them the tools to succeed, and then get out of the way. There is no room for micromanagement at VisionWorks - we use that space to provide our people with training opportunities, purpose, and overall professional and personal growth.